Providence is calling a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (High Acuity, Variable Shift, 0.9 FTE) to St. Elias Specialty Hospital in Anchorage, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Work in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to assign all appropriate personnel to appropriate shifts.
- Provide staff with both written and verbal communication as needed on schedule changes.
- Respond to and prioritize multiple requests via phone, fax, e-mail and in person.
- Assist to coordinate shifting of staff due to “call-outs”, vacations, holidays, and vacancies.
- Receive, track and process leave requests.
- Receive, and track Employee Illness log.
- Assist Nurse Manager with employee recognition activities, orientation, staff meeting and other job related duties. Take and record meeting minutes.
- Assist Nurse Educator or other staff with special projects as time permits.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as requested.