This is a home-based position located in the Houston area.
This position is responsible for coordination and implementation of our Health & Wellness (H&W) platform, that involves ability to develop and maintain relationships with reputational thought leaders to demonstrate dairy’s essential role in a healthy lifestyle and sustainable food system. The Program Coordinator must be able to leverage science-based evidence to drive overall results. Additional strategic objectives include:
Enhance and protect the image of dairy.
Provide a positive return on investment to our dairy farm families.
Collaborate with influential partners to amplify our impact.
Create lifelong loyalty to dairy.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Implement the Unified Marketing Plan (UMP)
- Implement strategic relationship plans for health professional organizations to drive measurable results.
- Create and execute relationship plans with select health professional key leaders to drive measurable results.
- Coordinate complex events to drive results including overall logistics and on-site execution.
- Assist in achieving nutrition communications goals to drive measurable results
- Serve as media communicator for designated media markets
- Lead or support 3rd party communication workshops
- Collaborate with the communications team to drive results
- Stay current on nutrition science, knowledge and understanding of key messages on topics areas such sustainable nutrition
- Present to health professional audiences on nutrition-related topics
Participate on H&W team to drive strategy
- Coordinate, collaborate and problem-solve with team on strategic relationship plans
- Act as support to fellow H&W team mates at events and other initiatives as needed
- Coordinate projects such as nutrition education materials, dairy farm tour, and other key initiatives
- Participate in weekly team video conference calls to promote internal sharing and provide updates
- Responsible for tracking and reporting results, trends, and opportunities to Director of H&W
Support integrated goals with other Dairy MAX program areas
- Collaborate with School Team to support Fuel Up To Play 60 engagement related to H&W
- Collaborate with Industry Image and Relations Team to achieve dairy farmer engagement related to H&W
- Collaborate with Business Development on dairy optimization and sports marketing initiatives related to H&W
- Collaborate with Communications Team to facilitate H&W content related to websites, blogging, and other channels of communication
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or related field, registered dietitian nutritionist preferred but not required, and 5+ years of experience in health professional field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and/or ability to drive results.
- Knowledge of the structure, function and policies of health professional organizations.
- Knowledge of the history, mission, strategic plans, goals and systems of the organization.
- Knowledge of nutrition science concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret, communicate, and present current dairy nutrition research and the nutrition impact of dairy foods in maintaining good health, to promote consumption of three servings of dairy products every day to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with media to deliver approved dairy nutrition key messages to consumers.
- Exemplary relationship building skills.
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written.
- Effective computer skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of individuals to help problem-solve and contribute to the work of the group to be successful and effective.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
- Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to educate and impart knowledge about the benefits of dairy foods in the context of a healthy diet.
- Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or other channel of communication.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule duties independently in order to meet goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including frequent overnight stays (up to 25%).
- Ability to travel to meeting and exhibit sites, lift up to 50 lbs, and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
DAIRY MAX IS A NONPROFIT DAIRY COUNCIL REPRESENTING MORE THAN 900 DAIRY FARM FAMILIES ACROSS SEVEN STATES.
We’re a connected group of experts in dairy farming, education, health and wellness, and business, who are fanatical about the power of dairy. An affiliate of Dairy Management Inc. and National Dairy Council, Dairy MAX was founded in 1995 to represent dairy farmers across Texas, western Oklahoma, New Mexico and southwest Kansas. In 2018, the former Western Dairy Association – representing farmers across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana since 1936 – became part of the Dairy MAX family.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.