Trinity Towers/Lovely CCRC setting!
Bring your leadership and operational skills to Brookdale!
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Under minimal supervision, directs the day-to-day health care functions of the community in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern long-term care facilities to ensure the highest degree of quality care is provided to our residents at all times.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the health care programs and activities at the community. Assumes the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of these.
- Reviews community policies and procedures periodically (minimum of one a year), and makes changes as necessary to ensure continued compliance with current regulations (i.e. ADA, ergonomic, air quality, etc.).
- Represents the community in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party payers, or provides an authorized representative of the community when unable to attend meetings.
- Makes routine inspections of the community to ensure established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed. Makes written and oral reports and recommendations to the Executive Director concerning the operation of the community.
- Assists in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy of such plan to the governing board and ombudsman representative as required.
- Serves on various committees of the facility (i.e., Infection Control, Quality Assurance & Assessment, etc.) and provides written/oral reports of committee meetings to the governing board, as directed or necessary.
- Assists in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified quality deficiencies.
- Delegates administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability to other staff personnel, as deemed necessary, to perform their assigned duties.
- Consults with department directors concerning operations to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Reviews and checks competence of workforce and makes adjustments /corrections as required or necessary.
- Assists department directors in the planning, conducting, and scheduling in-service training classes, on-the-job training, and orientation programs to ensure the current materials and programs are provided.
- Reviews and interprets monthly financial statements for responsible departments.
- Reviews resident complaints and grievances and makes written reports of actions taken. Discusses with resident and family, as appropriate.
- Ensures that policies governing a timely notice for resident discharges and room or roommate changes are strictly followed by all personnel.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Must have a minimum of three years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license or meet the licensure requirements of the State.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Uses some independent judgment to solve problems while overseeing a functional department.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Strong technical skills and knowledge sufficient to lead and review the work of others.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.