Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Healthcare Quality Informatics Analyst – Ambulatory based out of our National Center office. This position can be remote but must be located near a major airport. The Healthcare Quality Informatics Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Health Information Technology team within the Quality Improvement department through management of the activities related to the development, enhancements, and maintenance of the Patient Management Tool/IQVIA Registry Platforms tool supporting Get With The Guidelines and the Ambulatory suite of programs. This position will also support the various GWTG and Ambulatory programs internal and external programmatic partnerships and relationships. This position will implement and support solutions for Health Systems, EHR vendors and Research partners participating in AHA program. The position will serve as resident expert on these enhancements and their functionality.
- Data Management and Measurement: oversee technological specification development for assigned modules. This includes identifying necessary changes to the data platform, developing specifications, reviewing vendor deliverables, evaluating customer acceptance. This activity may be in conjunction with external partners, program dependent
- Product Management Support: Collaborate with Sr. Manager, Healthcare Quality Informatics, Science and Medicine Advisors, volunteers, and strategic alliances to support complete integration of the most up to date science within available technological tools and resources. Specifically work with the organization’s volunteer committees to ensure appropriate integration of the Guidelines into the technological specifications while also confirming that these updates are appropriate for the marketplace
- Partner Liaison: Coordinate efforts related to external and internal partnerships and joint development initiatives including collaboration on specifications, workflows, appropriate science/guideline adherence, and implementation timelines
- Staff and Field Support: Lead and coordinate staff and customer webinars; provide insight and guidance on technology updates and enhancements. Provide ongoing QI staff support and training as program technology expert
- Project Management and Support: Coordinate and support customized programs and research projects as assigned
- Strategic Planning: Support the collaboration with business team partners in development of AHA strategic plans and Quality team business plans as it relates to program technology application
- Budget management and reporting: Manage budgets for ongoing projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience
- Experience working in healthcare, hospital quality improvement, or related field
- Experience in health technology product management
- Experience in management of large data sets, measure development and applications
- Ability to effectively work with physician experts and scientific thought leaders
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate clinical information
- Knowledge of voluntary health organizations and experience in group process with the ability to resolve conflicts and gain consensus through mediation and collaboration
- Ability to travel up to 15% local and overnight stay
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships with external partners and allied organizations
- Experience in product lifecycle management, particularly with product maintenance and new product development
- Must have excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to navigate vendor contracts and manage vendor deliverables
Click on “Apply for this job online” to submit your online application or “Log back in!” if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities