Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:Provide analytical recommendations and trend drivers to the business by performing research and analysis of complex medical and Pharmacy medical claims data regarding drug cost and utilization. Evaluate, write, and present healthcare utilization and cost analytics in a visualized presentation making recommendations based on relevant findings.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Analyze, understand, interpret data sets and trends for anomalies, outliers, and explain complex medical and Pharmacy trends for infusion Pharmacy.
- Utilize statistical tools and techniques to determine significance and relevance to predict future trends in cost, utilization and performance.
- Provide Executive summary of findings to functional department leaders as well as Sr. Director of Data Science.
- Proactively analyze and present analytic and trend data to internal and external customers in a consultative, solution-focused way.
- Understand value drivers for each functional business area and act as a strategic analytic consultant guiding internal customers in their decision-making regarding programs and or products.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices.
- Investigates key business problems through quantitative analyses and interpretation of utilization and healthcare cost data.
- Translates specific business issues and questions into appropriate functional and analytic results.
- Provides recommendations to support critical business decisions through data analyses
- Identifies and evaluates emerging trends for internal and external clients by analyzing client data.
- Monitors and studies operational, financial, clinical and utilization data to identify trends and communicate findings and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Develops and presents cost-benefit analyses of proposed programs and makes specific recommendations tied to the business goals of the Company.
- Analyzes and creates ad hoc analyses based on detailed data sets.
- Collaborates and communicates complex analyses and findings in a simple, concise, and understandable manner across various functional areas.
Basic Education and/or Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Information Science, Computer Science, Actuarial Science Finance or Math); Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of minimum healthcare analytic role experience
- 3 years of intermediate SQL, Microsoft Office such as Excel (formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, pivot tables, etc.), Visio, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to meet frequently tight deadlines and to produce accurate appropriate analyses.
- Strong aptitude for quickly troubleshooting and identifying the cause of questionable results within data and analyses.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team.
- Understanding of health care terminology and knowledgeable/experienced with provider data, claims data (pharmacy & medical), lab data, financial and enrollment data.
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.