Healthcare Data Analyst-DLTC- Item 1090
The incumbent will work as part of a team within the Data, Systems and Network Unit for the Division of Long Term Care, NYS Department of Health and will be responsible for the programming/coding of databases, tracking, analysis and reporting of related data.
- Compile, review, and analyze data through database and statistical programming.
- Prepare written or automated reports.
- Assist in the development of programmatic policy based on statistical analysis.
- Track status of individuals and groups and coordinate periodic reporting of status and utilization.
- Provide technical assistance with the design and management of reporting and measurement processes to enhance project quality and productivity.
- Respond to ad hoc analytical and data management (including linking) requests from other DOH Offices and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Accept new responsibilities in response to the Bureau�s evolving needs.
- The ability to think independently, creatively and strategically with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare cogent analysis using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Ability to clearly communicate qualitative and quantitative analysis findings to parties with various backgrounds.
- Ability to handle all aspects in the full cycle of research projects.
- Ability to work well independently and with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor�s degree preferred
- 2 years� experience with SAS or SQL, required.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, or Medicare) preferred.
- Experience with data collection and analysis working with large data sets, preferred.