Healthcare Data Analyst (DLTC) Item 1408 in Albany, NY
The incumbent in this position will perform research, analysis, and evaluation of enrollment data submitted by Managed Long-Term Care Plans (MLTCP). Respond to ad hoc data analysis requests. Use plan financial, encounter, provider network and claims databases as analytical resources. Provide technical assistance to MLTCP and department staff on program policy, rules and regulations. Work to improve compliance in all areas of encounter data reporting. Assist in written materials for internal and external use.
Serve as liaison between Bureau of Managed Long-Term Care, Providers and Database Administrators. Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for MLTC Plans. experience
Preferred: Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Long-Term Care, CHPlus, or Medicare), and experience with SAS or SQL/Toad.
1. Compile, review, and analyze data through database and statistical programming.
2. Prepare written or automated reports.
3. Assist in the development of programmatic policy based on statistical analysis.
5. Track status of individuals and groups and coordinate periodic reporting of status and utilization
4. Provide technical assistance with the design and management of reporting and measurement processes to enhance project quality and productivity.
5. Respond to ad hoc analytical and data management (including linking) requests from other DOH Offices and provide technical assistance as needed.
6. Accept new responsibilities in response to the Bureau�s evolving needs.
- 2 years of SAS or SQL experience