Healthcare Data Analyst (DPDM) in Albany, NY
Position and Minimum Qualifications:
The Office of Health Insurance Programs.is seeking energetic and innovative leaders who want to make a difference in the lives of New Yorkers. The Bureau of Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement within the Division of Program Development & Management is recruiting a Healthcare Data Analyst. This bureau focuses on improving the quality of care provided to the most vulnerable New Yorkers through the design, provision, and dissemination of actionable data on health plan, provider, and program performance. The bureau is seeking a hardworking, energetic data analyst with experience working in large healthcare enterprises and a variety of query and reporting environments.
- Assist senior managers and researchers in the Division of Program Development and Management, Bureau of Performance Management & Quality Improvement in a broad range of data analyses, programming, oversight, evaluation, and reporting activities.
- Analyze quality performance data.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports.
- Respond to ad hoc data analysis requests, as appropriate.
- Ensure the accuracy of analysis and reports: Develop logic for analysis, Review data results based on required criteria/conditions with program staff.
- Participate in project planning and requirements meetings and collaborate with staff from other divisions and agencies, as appropriate.
- Accept new responsibilities in response to the Division�s evolving needs.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Proficient in SQL programming, data creation and data management.
- The ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Hardware/software knowledge with the ability to converse in a technical environment, as well as the ability to learn and expand technical skills in new areas based on business needs.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in a related field (such as statistics, health care administration, data management, computer science or related), from an accredited college; Bachelor�s or Master�s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated progressive work history.
- Two (2) years of experience with SAS/SQL programming, and preferably some knowledge of Excel Macros.
- Experience with data collection and analysis working with very large data sets, preferred.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, New York State public health insurance and managed care, particularly public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, or Medicare) preferred.