I. General Summary
Under general supervision compiles and analyzes information to support effective and efficient utilization of resources and to assess in clinical quality improvement. Actively solicits customer need and information requirement from key customer groups, including medical staff and clinical operation leadership. Use large databases to develop and produce standard and ad hoc reports that support clinical resource management, quality improvement, and outcomes management.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Seeks customer requirements in the development of reports that support clinical resource management, clinical practice improvement, and outcomes management.
2. Meets the design requirement and produces standardized and ad-hoc reports
3. Performs appropriate analyses to produce user-friendly reports to help physicians and clinical operations leadership understand practice patterns, trends in utilization, and ongoing evaluation of organizational improvements.
4. Assists physician and clinical operations leadership with design, methodological, analytical, and reporting (e.g., questionnaire design, measurement of concepts, sample size, statistical and clinical significance) issues relevant to clinical practice improvement initiatives.
5. Works collaboratively with the offices such as Strategic Planning and Finance to provide support for the ongoing requirement performance measurement in the Department of Clinical Effectiveness.
6. Performs related duties as required.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Demonstrated expertise in relational databases such as Oracle or Access.
3. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products.
4. Knowledge of statistics and application such for problem solving.
5. Knowledge of medical classification coding, i.e., CPT, DRG, ICD-9 terminology.
6. Analytical experience and ad-hoc query writing from database applications preferable.