We are looking for an IT Healthcare Security Coordinator to join our Security Incident Response Team. Your job will be reporting, recording, and handling security incidents across Millennium's environment and providing real-time security intelligence to react to our changing threats. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide Incident and auditing program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. Candidate will develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive Health Care enterprise IT risk management program. Candidate will possess some technical ability within Health Care Information Systems. Health Care I.T Security Coordinator will work to ensure proper Security goals align with Organizational goals. Health Care I.T Security Coordinator will have some understanding of Security, within the Health Care sector, and knowledge of Software and Hardware to protect all Stakeholders. Candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that all security tools work in conjunction with one another, creating a multi layered security platform.
- Triage security event alerts, escalate incidents and drive response actions
- Participate in incident reporting
- Collect, complete, and maintain agreements, audits, reports, and other documentation related to the security of PHI
- Create processes that will lead to audit automation and repeatable process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Resolve varied levels of issues regarding information systems security
- Will be responsible for performing and supporting security incident triage on all incidents to determine scope, urgency, and potential operational impact
- Performs forensic activities and reporting related to security incidents
- Perform weekly audits of accredited computer systems to ensure that technical security controls are operating properly, and that all security procedures are being followed correctly
- Audits will include detailed review of both automated event logs and manual log entries to discover potential security problems
- Performs user level and role-based audits to insure appropriate access levels
- Perform research to assist in determining if a procedural violation or a security compromise has occurred
- Maintains TIS security related procedures and documentation
- Develops and monitors security metrics aligned to goal achievement
Education and/or Experience
- Formal education:
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Work Experience:
- 2 years in Healthcare IT required
- 2 years in IT security or risk management required (health care preferred)
- Industry Certifications:
- CISSP, CompTIA Security, HIPPA Cert or similar certification preferred
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise
- A comprehensive understanding of standard IT infrastructure and administration practice
- An in depth understanding of common IT and Healthcare IT security risks and mitigation strategies
- The ability to identify and quantify IT related risks and common mitigation strategies
- Governance and Compliance Awareness
- Detailed understanding of HIPAA, HITECH, ACA, PCI, NIST and related regulations a plus
- Working knowledge of what a SOC-2 report is and how it applies to Health IT and Healthcare IT Business Associates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight or, function within a team setting without any decrease in quality of job performance
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on business activity of the office.