Maintenance Engineer Department:POM (Plant Operations and Maintenance)
NEEDED: 1st SHIFT, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Vanguard Resources is actively seeking to hire a Facilities Engineer II to fill immediate openings within a Hospital environment; fulltime position, 1st shift schedule
Hourly pay starts at $12.00 -$20.00; rates will vary based on skills & experience.
Selected candidates MUST successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Only LOCAL candidates will be considered, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Why work for Vanguard Resources?? Competitive pay, excellent benefit package, robust paid time off program, career progression, an employer who cares, with a family-feel culture, paid uniforms, potential for on-call pay, training & development resources, required hospital vaccinations paid by Vanguard Resources.
Position Summary: Assists in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of the facility in good repair. Minor maintenance and repair duties are the primary duties. May perform preventive maintenance (PM) duties to all physical structures of facilities, complying with all safety codes. Assists the team with plumbing, mechanical and HVAC maintenance. May perform general facility floor/wall repairs, and painting as needed. Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material). Reports to the Facility Engineer IV.
- Some or completed college or technical school; facilities maintenance background in any industry and/or, military facilities background and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospital experience preferred.
- 0-3+ years experience in facilities maintenance preferably
- Facility Engineer I is an entry-level position into this industry.
- Facility Engineer II has 1 to 3 years’ experience in this engineering environment. Must be proficient in a least one engineering trade (HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, carpentry, electronics, waste water treatment, , painting, etc.)
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
- Must complete and/or take all required health screenings and vaccines.
- Respond to any building and/or facilities systems issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantles and installs furniture
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors
- Possess computer skills and be proficient MS Office as well as preventive maintenance, building automation, procurement, work assignment systems
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans
- Provide a clean and safe environment for the patients and staff on the grounds year around.
- Maintain clean buildings, grounds and specified equipment.
- Perform and document safety inspections on building systems.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Pass a background check
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Associates degree in project management, certificate in trade school or equivalent work experience related to project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of Facility Engineer I, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and with explosives and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Vanguard Resources is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.