You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations in the field to assure the project is on time, within scope and budget.
This company has been in existence for over 100 years as well as a major part of helping develop much of the New York's current landscape.
You will be responsible for running the company's HEALTHCARE projects.
- Lead subcontractor work assuring compliance with budget, schedule, quality and execution in accordance with OSHA regulations and building codes
- Set and inspire high expectations for quality work execution from subs
- Meet all interim milestones
- Forecast and resolve problems
- Ensure product delivery pipeline is being managed properly for on-time delivery of all materials
- Assume full responsibility for final close-out and completion
- Work with municipal building department authorities to assure construction meets codes and all permits including occupancy permits, are obtained on-time
- Assure subcontractor compliance with our safety program through daily inspections
- Preside at weekly Subcontractor coordination meetings
- Instrumental in schedule development and maintenance
- Instrumental in the development of scopes of work
- Create and maintain jobsite logistics
- Review of requisitions with project management team
- Coordination and orchestration of all trade installations
- Capability to read plans & details
- Capability to prepare daily job reports
- Understanding of Chapter 33 of the NYC Site Safety code
- Supervise one to several Assistant Superintendents
- Facilitate and conduct NYC DOB inspections
- Understand budgetary concerns
- MIN 10 years of HEALTHCARE experience managing hospital projects as a SUPERINTENDENT
- Experience using MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint or equivalent systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance to achieve interim and final milestones
- Ability to anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on and quickly troubleshoot team, product or resource issues
- Proven ability to negotiate with directness and skill in tough situations while maintaining relationships
- Read, analyze and interpret construction and business documents, technical procedures or government regulations
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from executive team members, project managers, clients, governmental and other inspectors, and the general publiC
- Competitive salary plus 75% of medical/dental/vision covered by the company, 401K, PTO, paid holidays, etc.