Our Client is a family business with challenging and rewarding careers. As a highly skilled Diesel Truck Mechanic, you will provide superior maintenance and repairs on equipment such as medium to heavy duty diesel trucks and trailers.
- Diagnose smoking engines and burned out clutches in trucks.
- Circuit test electrical, hydraulic and air systems that are based on observational and mechanical bench testing, as well as statistics provided from operator manuals.
- Conduct all levels of preventive maintenance services on trucks and trailer equipment which include batteries, lube oil and filter changes, and be able to inspect brakes, and identify engine and transmission leaks.
- Be able to read Operator Manuals on Altec, Versalift, & Terex cranes, and other varying aerial lift equipment. [Previous experience in heavy duty truck hydraulic equipment of any kind very desirable. Will train a successful candidate to suit the position]
- Examine brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, electrical, and other crucial parts to guarantee that they are in proper operating condition.
- Be familiar in the restoration and troubleshooting of major components such as diesel engines, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies such as turbochargers and fuel system components.
- Be able to identify parts on disassembled components needed for repair, such as hydraulic gear boxes and winch assemblies.
- Maintain work area neat appearance and observe safety procedures at all times.
- Be able to multi-task and switch jobs when requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to arrive on time each day.
- Good mechanical knowledge and communication skills.
- Know-how on bench testing and diagnosing various components.
- Be a self-starter.
- Have/continue an excellent attendance record.
- Strong commitment to customer service and attention to detail.
- Ability to tear down and re-construct heavy duty truck hydraulic components under a little supervision.
- 5 years of practical experience as a full service Heavy-Duty Diesel Truck Mechanic.
- Should have own roll-away tool cabinet and various other equipment needed to execute all types of hydraulic equipment repairs.
- Class â€œBâ€ driver's license is desirable.
- Must have own complete set of mechanic tools.
- Pass a security check.
- Previous experience in the repairs of familiar equipment such as Terex, Versalift, Altec, Sherman Reilly, Hogg Davis, TSE or other well-known manufacturers in the Telephone and Electrical Utility Truck Industry, is highly desired.
Powered by JazzHR