Title: Heavy Duty Fleet Mechanic
Type: Full Time
Location: Fleet Garage, Clinton Township, MI
Duties & Primary Responsibilities: The mechanics at Young Supply Company are responsible for performing regular maintenance on the company’s equipment and vehicles, including commercial vehicles, to keep operations running efficiently. Mechanics will also maintain detailed records of all maintenance and repairs performed on the equipment and vehicles.
Other Roles & Functions: Mechanics will be required to operate the equipment or vehicles that they are performing maintenance or repairs on. Some of the equipment includes: vehicles, heavy duty trucks and trailers, forklifts, skyjacks, pallet jacks and lawn equipment. This list is not all inclusive.
All Young Supply employees are required to comply with Federal, State and company policies, procedures and regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma
- Valid state-issued Driver License and acceptable driving record
- Proven experience as mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various mechanic equipment and precision measurement tools.
- Strong ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction.
- Strong commitment to health and safety guidelines.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to work out of a service vehicle on the road.
- Commercial Driver License or willingness to obtain
- Mechanic certifications
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of forklift repair and maintenance
Benefits: Eligible for full benefits package, including medical, prescription, and dental insurance, health savings account (HSA), paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings plan, short/long term disability coverage, basic & universal life insurance, wellness program, and dependent care flexible spending account.