Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Tractor has an immediate opening for a Heavy Duty Repair Technician - Field working in our San Leandro, CA location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Perform the following service operations without direct supervision:
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions utilizing ET (electronic technician).
- Pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of Caterpillar equipment.
- Performs service work in the Field and Shop, on Caterpillar and other heavy equipment.
- Write service reports that accurately document activities.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.· Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies and rules.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
- High School diploma or the equivalent and five (5) years dealership experience, preferably on Caterpillar equipment or the equivalent repair background with ability to troubleshoot, repair, rebuild all types of Caterpillar or similar equipment is required.
- Must have Construction equipment experience, with strong technical skills including – engine, hydraulics, powertrain, and electrical components.
- Candidate must have a valid California driver’s license with class B endorsement and clean driving record.
- Must be a member of Operating Engineers Local 3 or willing to become one.
- Ability to work overtime is required.
- Physical requirements include ability to maneuver 50 pounds, standing, walking, and bending.
Peterson Tractor Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.