Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world’s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees’ commitment to the company and its “Pride in Service” motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
Foremen fulfill a critical role in our operations. Employing over 600 technicians, Interstate provides services to a wide range of industries. As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”.
This role is responsible for planning, scheduling, performing, directing and evaluating the repair and servicing of equipment. Foremen have significant control of maintenance equipment and are in frequent contact with company employees that use this equipment.
- Dispatching orders to the appropriate technicians
- Ensure work gets done efficiently and accurately
- Opening & closing repair orders
- Positively teach, train and mentor technicians
- Adhere to distributor and company policies and standards
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts
- Document all work performance and ensure core and warrantied parts are tagged
- Road test vehicles when required, perform quality checks on all repairs
- Stay current on factory technical bulletins
- Sustain clean work environment and maintain inventory control of company tools
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 5+years’ experience working with diesel engines and heavy duty trucks
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Strong knowledge of computers for diagnosis and repair order systems
- Technical degree or certification a plus
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Diesel engine certification-engine overhaul and diagnostics a must
- Positive attitude, positive communication with employees and customers
- Have the ability to, and interest in, strongly self-develop
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot utilizing diagnostic equipment
- Detroit Diesel experience a plus
- Excellent compensation
- Continuing certification training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Tool program
- Uniforms-company paid cleaning
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, PTO and holiday pay, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.