The Heavy Equipment Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling and organizing technicians to preventive maintenance repairs on equipment by scheduling based on abilities and customer needs. There will be heavy consulting work involved with customers and is expected to recommend various additional repairs that are needed. The position will manage all the way through to the quotes and any renewal of Customer Service Agreements as well.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns and schedules daily tasks and duties for multiple service technicians, some of who may be based in various locations, based on technician abilities, location and customer requests.
- Call customers to schedule preventative maintenance work and create renewal Customer Service Agreements.
- Submit parts lists to the parts department for scheduled preventative maintenance work.
- Prepares and presents quotes for incremental work found during inspections and maintenance to customers.
- Monitors and maintains scheduling module in internal system
- Processes work orders and ensures accuracy in all charges such as labor, warranty, parts, etc. resulting in a complete invoice to the customer.
- Responsible for Maintenance and tracking of tooling and large Equipment.
- Assist Field Service Supervisors in handling 24 hour emergency service needs.
- Researches warranty terms for customers and technicians to help facilitate the repair process.
- Assist in the negotiation of customer disputes on bills.
- Responsible for tracking vehicle maintenance.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent Technical Degree relevant to product line.
- 2+ years of experience in logistics and scheduling.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent Technical Degree relevant to product line.
- Commercial Driver’s License-Class B.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics and scheduling and/or working with Heavy Equipment.
Any Duties and Responsibilities described within the Careers Page are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Michigan CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.