Why Join Altec?
Altec supports the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We design, manufacture and sell products and provide services to more than 100 countries throughout the world. While we are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- what really makes us successful is how we help our associates reach higher. We help people reach their potential and that makes all the difference in our company.
Reach higher! Sharpen a broad range of skills with on-going in-house training and technical support.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
And Apply Now at the Company Website
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems
- Related experience: truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE / GSE) repair
- Overtime may be required
- Able to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices
Complete on-the-job and classroom training in the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components of the product line and associated repair / service procedures so as to be successful as a tech.
- Uphold Altec’s safety commitment as well as any safety requirements of the customer
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections, and provide maintenance
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and / or repair
- Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customer
- Keep current on recordkeeping, parts ordering/inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, and customer invoicing
- Utilize operators and parts & maintenance manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts.
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.