Heavy Equipment Mechanics are needed to work on our Heavy Civil Road project. GPI provides a safe, secure work area with opportunities to learn new skills and productive opportunities for motivated employees.
- Interpret parts and service manuals in order to properly diagnose repairs needed as well as order appropriate parts
- Maintain accurate record keeping of all daily tasks
- Work safely and follow all instructions related to company policies and regulatory agencies during the performance of duties
- Perform visual inspections on equipment and provide written report of conditions and deficiencies
- Produce clean and accurate work
- Responsible and dependable
- Keep work area clean
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 plus years' experience in the Heavy Equipment Maintenance industry or an educational degree in Diesel related technical courses
- Provide own hand tools (1 " wrenches and sockets) and storage necessary to perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment (GPI provides safety and special tooling)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of following directions and effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and react to safety related issues
- Ability to work on Caterpillar, John Deere, Link Belt, Manitowoc/Grove, Gomaco, and other major equipment manufacturer machinery
- Troubleshooting and/or diagnostic skills for: Engine, Transmission/Drivetrain, Hydraulic, Electrical, A/C, On Board Computer and Electronic Control Module
- Welding / Fabricating experience a plus
- Computer skills a plus
- Good attitude is a MUST
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends as needed
GPI offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
GPI performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and World Wide so relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.