With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position is responsible for the use and operation of heavy construction equipment which could include a backhoe, front end loader, dozer, excavator, and/or motor grader in a safe and efficient manner.
This position requires a multi-faceted track and wheel driven heavy equipment operator that can safely, productively, and with proven skill, control, maneuver, and navigate numerous types of construction equipment to a high degree of grading and excavation accuracy. Operator has a thorough understanding of construction surveying, including grade control and elevations specific to engineered plans and specifications.
- Load and/or move various materials (ash, dirt, rock, etc.) using heavy construction equipment
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation and rocks to distribute and level earth or terrain
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary
- Learn, follow, and promote all safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ experience operating heavy equipment in a construction or similar environment required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Experience operating in a production-focused environment preferred
- Experience utilizing GPS grading systems (i.e. Trimble, Topcon) preferred
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in ash management, structural fills and landfills preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to loud noises
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in the internal and external environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate