JOB TITLE:Heavy Equipment Operator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment and delivery of items on a daily basis in a safe and appropriate manner. The heavy equipment operator has a physically strenuous and demanding job, requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, reaching, walking, lifting, crouching, pushing, pulling, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken work levels; visual acuity is required for operation of heavy equipment and motor vehicles, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, and vibration. The heavy equipment operator will have to work in all weather conditions, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
• Operation of Heavy Equipment on a daily basis to include box truck, dump truck, backhoe, skid stir loader, fork lift, etc.
• Responsible for pick-up and delivery of a variety of items, supplies and other materials to schools and offices.
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks on all heavy equipment.
• Operation of backhoe for repair of underground utilities to include but not limited to water, sewer, and telephone lines, as needed.
• Operation of dump trucks for snow removal as required to clear school lots.
• Cleans and maintains heavy equipment.
• Performs related tasks as required, including but not limited to assisting with any facilities maintenance trades as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to operate heavy equipment to include, but not limited to box truck, dump truck, backhoe, skid steer, forklift, etc.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• CDL license preferred, or must be able to acquire one within 90 days of employment.
• Knowledge of truck and heavy equipment safety equipment. Both pre-employment and random drug screening is required for all employees holding a commercial driver's license (CDL).
Henry County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position will be posted until filled.