Qualified and Experienced Equipment Operators - Locations throughout Southeast U.S.
Brad Cole Construction is a Georgia based Heavy Civil Construction and Sitework expert that currently has projects throughout the state of FL, NC, GA, AL, MS and SC, and Southeastern region. Equipment operators will work under the direct supervision of the jobsite foreman, superintendent, and project manager. The equipment operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and effective manner. Equipment under this job description may include: trucks, excavators, dozers, scrapers, compactors, and tractors.
- Per diem
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
START DATE: ASAP
RESPONSIBILITIES & GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Operate equipment effectively and within the equipment’s operating capabilities to ensure deadlines of job are met.
- Perform daily equipment inspections and operator preventive maintenance checks. Report any malfunctions of equipment or problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness inside cab of equipment.
- Ensure equipment is properly shut down and stored at the end of the shift.
- Maintain accurate logs and records
- Adhere to corporate safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
- Wear all company required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Wear seat belts in all pieces of equipment at all times with no exceptions.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- This position requires working in the internal and external environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must successfully pass written test on equipment and functionality and competency tests
- Must be able to wear mandatory Personal Protective Equipment including at a minimum: steel toed boots, safety vest, hard hat, eye protection, and hearing protection.
- Must possess knowledge of equipment and workplace safety.
- Must demonstrate skills in communications and teamwork.
- Must be able to lift, pull and manage heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to take company required precautions to be protected from irritants due to possible exposure to eye, nose and skin irritants
- Stress level may be increased due to schedule of work and demands of completing task safety and on time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and climb up to and into cabs on heavy equipment.
- Must be able to walk over uneven and broken ground.