This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the receipt, storage and shipment of grain and other crop inputs/agricultural products.
- Heavy equipment operations: Operate front loaders to load commercial trucks with agricultural products, operate forklifts to move product around facility. Operate rolls and other machinery to ensure that product is manufactured to Company standards and customer specifications. Safely operate bobcat and other industrial powered vehicles as needed.
- Clear documentation of batch records to maintain traceability.
- Unload rail cars and bulk trailers in an efficient and safe manner.
- Mill operations: Be proactive in operating and monitoring all plant operations. Be able to serve as Control Room operator, controlling and adjusting elevators, augers, drags, pits and turn heads. Monitor product flow and speed to ensure no plugs, overflows etc.
- Quality Control: Grade and classify grain in accordance with Company standards. Be able to accurately assess and record moisture, protein, dockage, odor etc.
- General clean up duties including sweeping, shoveling etc.
- Monitor assigned plant operations (e.g. controls for roller, grinder, mixer, etc).
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ related experience preferred.
- Heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Basic operating knowledge of augers, belt-driven machinery, elevators, and other equipment used in the production process.