Operates and maintains heavy equipment, such as, loaders and excavators.
- Operates Excavator equipment to meet work schedules and productivity requirements.
- Operates loader equipment to transport materials to meet work schedules and productivity requirements.
- Travels to job site; required to spend extended periods of time out of town and live in areas outside of Houston.
- Ability to operate all other job site equipment and machinery as requested or required.
- Maintenance and repair of machinery as requested or required.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time at conveyor belt operation.
- Ability to climb heights of 15 feet on a regular basis
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or pull 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to work in dusty, loud noise environment
- Required to wear safety equipment including hard hat, safety glasses, goggles, steel toed boots, ear plugs, respirator, gloves and various other similar items as required.
- SAFETY: Understand and follow company and client safety and security rules; maintain personal protective equipment as issued.
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Knowledge of general construction procedures; mechanical knowledge, and knowledge of all machinery and equipment on jobsite. Spanish language ability preferred; may be required based on staffing at plant locations. Prior experience of at least six months in a similar position with similar equipment and operations is required.
- PERSONAL skills: Ability to work under sporadic supervision.
- PERSONAL requirements: Must be over 18 years of age; pass drug & physical exam; compliance with Cherry Company policies and procedures.
- ATTENDANCE: Regular, Dependable attendance for six-day workweek, including overtime hours. Satisfactory attendance record is required and essential to meet customer/client schedules and budgets. Must be able to have the ability to travel and remain out of town for extended periods.