Barnard Construction Company, Inc., based in Bozeman, Montana, is a heavy-civil construction company with projects underway across North America. Barnard is ranked by Engineering News-Record, a leading construction industry periodical, as one of the nation’s Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction and rehabilitation, power transmission and distribution, tunneling, inland marine, oil, gas, utility, and sewer and water pipeline projects. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k)s, a generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. Barnard’s people are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At Barnard, we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must possess competence in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe and effective manner:
- Ability to Safely and Effectively operate various types and sizes of heavy civil construction equipment including but not limited to dozers, tractors, scrapors, loaders and excavators.
- Minimum two years construction experience.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in an efficient manner and follow instruction of on-site management.
- Follow all equipment monitoring and maintenance requirements.
- Be capable and willing to maintain equipment as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl.
- Ability to correctly rig and hoist material.
- Ability to tolerate heights without fear.
- Ability to maintain balance.
- Able to enter the cab of a vehicle or piece of equipment that is 3 feet or more off the ground.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, reach for, handle, and manipulate items and to work in extreme weather conditions (cold and wet).
- Able to work long, irregular and varied hours, six to seven day per week, 50 to 70 hours per week.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to safely and effectively perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal , state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
EOE, E-Verify Employer