Waste Connection is looking for a safety conscious Heavy Equipment Operator at our JED Landfill in St. Cloud, FL.
All landfill employees are expected to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices and perform miscellaneous job functions to promote the overall success of the site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Preferably 2 years of heavy equipment experience but willing to train the right candidate
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water level
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Operators must be capable of performing pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on equipment and ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Operators must also be capable of operating in a fast paced environment and during all types of weather conditions. Shifts can start as early as 5:30am and may last 12 hours or more
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".