Job TitleHeavy Equipment Operator
Requisition Primary LocationThompsonville, Illinois
Waste Connection's West End Landfill is looking for a heavy equipment operator!!
The successful candidate should have experience operating; skid steer, wheel loader, bull-dozers, track excavator, and front end loaders.
Experience operating trash compactors would be considered a plus!
All landfill employees are expected to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices and perform miscellaneous job functions to promote the overall success of the site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Preferably 2 years heavy equipment experience but willing to train the right candidate
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water level
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Operators must be capable of performing pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on equipment and ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Operators must also be capable of operating in a fast paced environment and during all types of weather conditions. Shifts can start as early as 5:30am and may last 12 hours or more
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)