Equipment Operator level should have a significant number of years of heavy equipment experience and be at a level of expert in skills and knowledge and should be an example and mentor of quality work to other team members. Equipment Operator will operate multiple types of heavy equipment that could include loader, trackhoe, backhoe, dozer and other equipment (e.g. hydraulic shovel attachment, concave blade attachment) necessary on the job site to assist with moving of materials, digging holes and trenches, transports earth and gravel, and to push trees and rocks. Equipment Operators will also be expect to perform physically laborer work when necessary.
**Most work will be in and around Thornton, CO, but some short time work will be at the Denver Airport or Glenwood Springs, CO
Equipment Operators responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to proficiently operate three or more types of heavy equipment such as a backhoe, trackhoe, scrapers, dozer, excavator, loader, rock trucks, compactors, articulated trucks, crushers, and/or motor graders with or without GPS in a manner to prepare the job site to meet the required grades.
- Fastens attachments to tractor with clevis or wedge pin hitches.
- Connects hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to tractor to provide power to raise, lower, or tilt attachment.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves hand and foot levers to control hydraulic shovel.
- Uses shovel to dig trenches and holes of specified length, depth and width, remove loosened material and put in piles or transport trucks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver equipment and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drives bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Responsible to construct/grade new roadways, base courses, building pads, footing excavation and water ponds and to properly slope and grade to specifications.
- Responsible to load, move, level and grade dirt, rocks, demoed concrete and other materials in a safe and efficient manner all in a high paced environment to maintain production goals.
- Ability to maintain the initiative to maintain the flow of work under minimal supervision.
- Responsible of demolition of bridges and other structures with excavators and hydraulic hoe rams.
- Responsible to operate equipment within a Pipe Crew environment such as an excavator or loader.
- Responsible for general housekeeping, light maintenance of equipment, proper care of equipment, operating the equipment without damaging it along with maintenance checks of equipment including reporting usage/utilization hours on a daily basis.
- May work with GPS installed devices on dozers and motor graders.
- Learn, follow and promote all safety standards of Ralph L Wadsworth and its projects.
- Work weekend, holiday, and/or overtime work as the project needs require.
- Perform Laborer work as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Have a minimum of 4-6 years of Heavy Equipment Operating Experience with multiple types of equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing to do laborer work
- Ability to work safely under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment.
- Frequent gross body movements such as bending, climbing into equipment, lifting (up to 75lbs), twisting, standing, balancing, stooping, handling materials, moving around hazardous sites.
- Good Eye to Hand coordination a must. Depth perception required.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends and nights.
- Valid Driver’s license
Benefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties