Westaff is currently seeking Experienced Heavy Equipment Operators
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in the following heavy equipment operation is ideal: Front End Loader, Motor Grader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Truck Driving
- Ability to read and understand grade stakes
- Help fuel and grease machine; check the equipment daily for fluids
- Maintain control of equipment at all times, and operate in a safe manner
- Establish safe work environment that complies with OSHA standards and company safety program
- Observes assigned equipment to detect machinery malfunctions. Operates machinery to verify repair
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in heavy civil Construction as operator
- Experience in Earthwork & Utilities.
- Knowledge of storm, sewer and water pipe installation, grading sites
- Ability to work extended hours, possible nights/weekends.
- Ability to meet all safety requirements and policies.
- Knowledge of grading and excavating foundations.
- Knowledge on cutting slopes to a safe grade.
- Knowledge of trench safety.
- Must have personal protective equipment, including a hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, steel toe boots, seat belt, and gloves.