Alta Equipment Company and Flagler Construction Equipment have joined forces as the Volvo Construction Equipment dealer in Florida!
The mission of Flagler Construction Equipment is to be the leader in the distribution of construction machinery and equipment, and to be perceived as the provider of the highest quality customer experience in the sale, rental, and servicing of our products.We will do this by:
- Placing customers at the center of our focus and constantly striving to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Committing to continual improvement in the delivery of our services.
- Developing and maintaining a well-trained and motivated employee team that functions in an environment of mutual trust and respect. FCE strongly encourages open communication between employees and managers and expects all to honor the commitments made to each other.
- Being a responsible corporate citizen in the communities in which we operate.
Technicians are at the backbone of our organization; therefore, we provide them with the tools and resources to be successful:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible benefit plan
- Basic life/AD&D and supplemental life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan
- Other company sponsored benefits include free uniforms with complimentary cleaning service; boot allowance; safety glasses allowance
- Top Pay
Our construction equipment group is seeking a full-time heavy equipment shop service diesel technician / mechanic for our Fort Myers, FL branch. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Complete inspections
- Removal and installation of parts
- Implementation of optional accessories
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting
- General repairs
- Upkeep of the service truck
- Responsible for the inventory of onboard parts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!
- Two years of previous heavy equipment or over the road (OTR) repair experience is preferred
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and electrical
- Possess own tools
- A positive attitude and high energy
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook, Volvo VCADS
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 51 to 100 plus pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Culture is Job #1. Alta/Flagler Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place” by the Detroit Free Press, our 900 employees in Michigan, Illinois, Northern Indiana and Florida are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
At Alta/Flagler Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.