POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Lead Technician provides direction to a group of technicians to ensure that all repairs and maintenance of equipment are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety standards and applicable federal and state regulations. The Maintenance Lead Technician is responsible for all chassis (diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks) and refuse bodywork, including, but not limited to, hydraulic, electrical, heating and air conditioning system maintenance and repair. In addition, the Lead Technician diagnoses more complicated repair work; provides coaching on diagnostic techniques to subordinate technicians; performs external repair inspections to ensure all repair work is done in a safe manner; and schedules the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shop.
- Maintains expert knowledge of, and advanced working proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road:o Chassis component repair and maintenance; Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems
o Air and hydraulic braking systems;
o Engine repair and maintenance;o Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems; and
o Heating and air conditioning systems.
o Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
o Provides direction to technicians assigned to his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. May plan and schedule repair work to minimize lost productivity.
o Inspects repairs done by a third party vendor to ensure all work has been properly completed in accordance with the Company’s safety procedures and federal and state regulations; follows up when necessary.
o Performs repair diagnostics on more complex matters.
o Identifies the source of malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
o Completes applicable Company training programs.
o Handles Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities, as needed.
o Acts as a mentor to technicians.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems:o Suspensions, Steering, General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel Emissions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a role requiring compliance with OSHA Haz Com, OSHA Lock Out Tag Out, and all OSHA fire protection regulations is a plus but not required.
- At least 1 year of supervisory or lead technician experience is a plus but not required.
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty trucks.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.