Help Desk Manager Description:
Supervise the functions of the Global Help Desk (based in NY), supporting all technology functions throughout all global offices.
- Duties of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the three tiers of the Help Desk team based in NY. Help Desk operates 24x7x365
- Monitoring call, e-mail & ticket volumes for all things routed through the Help Desk
- Creation and modification of team policies and procedures
- Creating and maintaining team knowledge articles, as well as user facing knowledge content
- Interviewing and hiring of all new Help Desk team members
- Training all new and existing team members on the supported technologies, policies & procedures
- Communicate known problems and fixes to team members and other technical groups, submitting knowledge solutions as needed, notifying management and end user communities where applicable.
- Ensure customer service is timely, professional and accurate, following any defined policies and procedures
- Analyze production reports and identify end user trends, making recommendations to management on proactive course of action.
- Liaise with managers and staff members of other teams to address end user or staffing issues
- Exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive employee security information, as well as company documentation, in keeping with corporate data security and compliance requirements.
- Evaluate data communicated by all areas, including end user communities, outside business entities, and IT, to establish business impact of a problem and decide the best course of action. This will include validation of system-wide impact and notification to all user communities and management of the known condition and the course of action taken
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a lead support position in a technical environment with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations.
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently, including planning, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports, paying close attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and ITSM frameworks
- Excellent oral and written skills to interface with all user/technical communities within the company.
- Understanding of financial business environments will increase the incumbent's potential for success.
At minimum, the incumbent must have a college degree in a technical field of study relevant to the position and demonstrate capability to operate in a highly technical environment.