Help Desk Specialist - Temporary Position
National Corporate Housing looking for an experienced Help Desk Specialist in Herndon, VA for our IT Division.This position will challenge your technical and professional capabilities, and help you develop a long term, career growth opportunity. The selected person needs to have a professional image, strong communication and customer service skills.
National Corporate Housing is a multi-brand, global leader in providing temporary housing program management for global business travel and corporate relocations. National is one of the largest providers of temporary housing around the globe. Guided by our vision to be the most admired and respected global company to our coworkers, customers, and suppliers, National is sought out by and maintains strong strategic alliances across multiple business industries including, engineering, construction, technology, consulting, insurance, government agencies and government contractors, professional sports and entertainment.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Train associates on technology resources.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages from associates.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine nature of problem.
- Walk associates through problem-solving process, and follow up with associates to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Install, modify, clean up and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve technical problems.
- Gain feedback from employees about technology resources.
- Run and analyze reports to determine recurring issues.
- Manage physical and digital inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of IT
- Aptitude for Computers/IT
- Professional helpdesk experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- MS Office skills
- Documentation skills
- Prior hospitality sector experience a plus
- Ability to lift 10-20 lbs
- Self starter/Self motivated
All employees will be taught and expected to have knowledge of National’s business units and established procedures and compliance rules pertinent to their positions.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
Will not provide assistance with relocation costs
National Corporate Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status