Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Respond to first level support requests as appropriate to include, but not limited to account maintenance of new hire/terminations and maintenance of distribution/security groups.
- Triage incoming support requests and assign trouble tickets.
- Monitor status of pending support requests and obtain follow up information from IT Manage/Director and/or end user.
- Act as the MS Office specialist in assisting and instructing staff in use of Office products.
- Create and modify documentation on processes and procedures for the IT Department.
- Assist Desktop Support with preparing imaged systems for deployment.
- Maintain copier/printer/fax supplies and order to meet business and budgetary constraints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience preferred
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)