ECS is seeking a Help Desk Technician to work in our Boston, MA office.
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will interface with customers using various enterprise applications, desktop and server applications and hardware, including COTS and custom developed applications. This includes troubleshooting, triage, assignment, dispatch, remote support, and response to include support delivered at the customer’s location.You will be responsible for answering, documenting, analyzing, tracking, and responding to requests for assistance in support of a range of users and systems. You will be expected to provide exemplary customer service to your customers. You will be responsible for documentation and tracking of requests within our ticketing system. Like all team members, you will take your turn covering the phones for 1-2 hours a day.
- The hours for this position are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. (One hour break for lunch)
- Candidates must pass a background investigation conducted by our customer before offer can be made.
- Must have a Public Trust Clearance (Federal)
- At least 2 years of experience in a Tier 1-2 Desktop Services role
- Effective written communication skills are imperative
- Proven exemplary customer service experience, preferably with letters of recommendation and/or commendation
- Experience working directly with customers, preferably providing technical software support
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, especially with diverse technologies and user groups
- Intermediate experience with Alloy, Remedy, BMC FootPrints, or comparable Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) ticketing systems.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems of a difficult process or technical nature with strong interpersonal and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ITIL and other quality assurance processes is preferred
- Ability to identify process improvement areas and author work instructions reflecting the new/improved workflow process
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People