Functional Working Title: Help Desk Technician
A Help Desk Technician is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances.
A Help Desk Technician must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must provide a high level of interfacing with co-workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction
- Perform root-cause analysis of all incidents
- Manage problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems
- Ensure all service Incidents and Requests are answered promptly and effectively analyzed, documented, communicated, escalated and closed.
- Setup, configure, test, support, and troubleshoot workstations/thin clients/zero clients, software and peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and respond promptly to Incident and Request tickets using CA Unicenter Ticketing system.
- Per assignment, provide security-related support in order to comply with all applicable standards.
- Troubleshoot Windows 7 desktop issues in both virtual and physical environments.
- Create both high and low level standard operating procedures for IT technicians and end users.
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting VMware and Citrix virtual environments and applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Active Directory Users and Computers (user/group management).
- Strong knowledge and experience with NTFS and Windows share permissions
- Required A certification and one of the following: MS 70-685, 70-680, 6293, or MS Server 2008/2012
Criticality of Attendance:
Consistent attendance is critical. A typical work week runs from Monday-Friday and daily work hours range from 6:30 AM 5:00 PM. This will occasionally vary due to 24/7 coverage for emergencies (rare but possible) and infrequent Overtime requirements. Being prompt is extremely important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service.
WaveLink Overview: WaveLink, Inc. (WLI) is an expanding, woman-owned small business based in Huntsville, Alabama, providing sensors engineering, aircraft integration & interoperability, acquisition lifecycle management, and cyber security support to the U.S. Army. WLI provides a comprehensive benefit package, with competitive salaries in a proactive, employee-oriented work environment.
Primary Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Clearance Level: Must have an active DoD Security Clearance.