Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS)is seeking aHelp Desk Technician provide Tier I, Tier II and Higher Level Tier support on the Command Information Management Systems (CIMS III) contract. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
Resolves technical problems in a help desk environment. Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, usage, and training on software and/or hardware products including hands-on troubleshooting. Works under only general direction. Exercises latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment. Provides input to management on matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Tier I, Tier II and Higher Level Tier support.
- Perform Hardware/Software installation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of various Operating systems (OS) (Windows 8, 10, etc.).
- End user personal computer/laptop/Thin/Zero Client/notebook configuration.
- Enforce standard PC configuration conformation to command requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise users on appropriate actions.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Administer help desk software.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Document, track, monitor and resolve ticked problems to timely and satisfactory resolution and within Service Level Agreement levels (SLAs).
- Prepare activity reports.
- Stay current with system information, security patches changes and OS updates.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the processes and procedures performed by the position.
- Familiar with Altiris and REMEDY trouble ticketing software applications.
- Update and maintain databases for trouble ticketing, activity reports, processes and procedures, and other required information.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Associate's degree in related technical field and 3+ years of related experience; OR 5+ years of experience in lieu of degree
- Security+ CE or equivalent IAT Level II certification
- Current Secret clearance is required
- Familiarity with TEMPEST guidelines is strongly desired
- Experience providing IT support to Army customers strongly preferred
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers’ high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus oncustomerandemployeesatisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitivetotal compensation plan, with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) planwith matching contributions!
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports "paying it forward" with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed toemployment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation’s greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.