The Help Desk Technician II is a member of the Help Desk Group within Technical Services. Responsible for fielding, diagnosing, and troubleshooting incoming customer requests and issues via the phone and e-mail within a 2bx7x365 high-availability healthcare environment. Provides first line support services to both local and offsite customers with technical problems and requests including connectivity, access, computer hardware, operating system, and software application functions. Provides timely completion of requests and resolution of problems or escalation of those that cannot be handled directly to appropriate technical personnel. Provides ticket status updates to management and customers. Follows documented operating procedures and customer services guidelines for Help Desk support. Produces regular statistical reports around customer experience with metrics around incoming call volumes, tickets, first call resolution, and turnaround. Responsible for user account management in Active Directory and within applications, including adds, changes, and deletions in accordance with defined policies and procedures. Conducts regular audits and creates reports for review to ensure user account databases are kept current with all required information and appropriate access. Must have strong communication and customer service skills to successfully work with a wide variety of customers to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Daily interaction with customers, Applications Analysts, Technicians, Engineers, and other members of Information Technology on the day-to-day operations of the environment. The Help Desk Technician may be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
Minimum Qualifications –
1. Two years relevant Help Desk experience in Information Technology within healthcare or other 2b/7 high-availability environment.
2. Strong communication and customer service skills.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to train non-technical users on computer systems and applications.
b. Strong ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
5. Demonstrated ability to acquire technical knowledge dynamically and quickly.
6. Ability to respond positively in stressful situations to difficult customers.
7. Knowledge of relevant call tracking and ticket management applications.
8. Knowledge of customer service practices.
9. Understanding of client/server computing.
10. Understanding of basic networking topology.
11. Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software applications, hardware, and other equipment.
12. Well versed in using and supporting Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
13. Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
1b. Ability to build organizational partnerships with others, and be able to negotiate and build consensus.
15. Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks. Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
16. Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
17. Must be able to work varied shifts and/or additional hours.
18. Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
19. Successful completion of additional related certification such as MCP, Help Desk Institute CSR, Help Desk Institute SCA, etc.
1. Successful completion of CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or other comparable certification. Must present evidence of certification.
2. Valid California driver's license.