STS Systems Integration (SSI) is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). SSI provides Technical, Information Management, and Engineering support services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal agencies. SSI operates throughout the continental United States and abroad at 17 DoD and Federal locations.
Seeking a Help Desk Specialist to:
- The contractor shall install, configure, test, deploy, manage and maintain all segments and elements of the 711 HPW’s networks, telephones, fax devices and voicemail including communications interfaces to internal or external networks and/or telephone and voicemail systems.
- The contractor shall provide prompt, professional, customer-friendly, first-line IT support for the 711 HPW at all times.
- The contractor shall unpack, configure and install computer workstations, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners, telephones, fax devices and other peripherals while disposing of unneeded trash and packing materials; install and configure only approved software applications/packages and patches, updates or other downward-directed network order changes to include required AF Computer Emergency Response Team advisories and telewall exception requests
- The contractor shall install patches, updates and make configuration changes to comply with policies and Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Liaison Officer direction.
- The contractor shall troubleshoot IT equipment, computers, systems, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, printers, scanners, telephone and fax devices, networks and other devices, software, hardware, and peripherals; perform basic problem- isolation procedures to detect and identify problem cause(s) and implement the needed corrective actions to restore mission capability.
- The contractor shall be responsible for preparing, managing and accounting for computer, telephone and fax equipment and documentation for shipment or turn-in to the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO); actions include assisting with remanence security procedures, palletizing equipment, and associated documentation.
- The contractor shall adhere to all DoD, Air Force, and WPAFB policies and guidelines with special emphasis on those relating to network, computer and telecommunications security.
- The contractor shall schedule, coordinate, set-up, and configure video teleconferences (VTC), teleconferences, webinars and other web cam requirements as required.
- B.S. in a Computer-related area and 1 year relevant work experience
- Any Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years relevant work experience
- Associates Degree in a Computer-related area and 4 years relevant work experience
- High School diploma and 5 years computer-related experience
- Experience with network operating systems and applications, network planning and installation, basic telephone, fax, voicemail set up and use is required.
- Security + certification is required for all IT support technicians
- Windows operating system training: HTTPS://FEDVTE.USALEARNING.GOV
Active Secret Clearance Required
BBNC/SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. Hiring preference will be given to BBNC shareholders, their spouses and descendants and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.