Service Desk Operations Manager
The Operations Manager shall be responsible for the life cycle handling of problem tickets, monitoring first call resolution service levels, escalation to the third tier engineering and upper management. The Candidate will provide oversight for the entire service desk, and will work closely with 3 team leads who oversee each shift, along with Tier 1 and Tier 1.5 technicians to ensure continuing support, and act as a liaison between Tier teams to include engineering support. The operations manager provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to service desk and direct end user support, while managing a team of 50 Employees with 3 direct team leads to help with day to day duties.
- Managing and motivating a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
- Assist with or conduct training to keep team updated on changes and ensure all required training has been completed.
- Managing the Schedule
- Review ticket reports and trends, as well as individual team member performance
- Provide feedback to the team leads and make resource decisions based on performance
- Providing recommendations to the Helpdesk Manager on the resource pipeline and resource changes, based on future needs
- Manage the resource pipeline and clearance/EOD process to ensure continuing operations, in accordance with team growth and attrition.
- Supervises a team of helpdesk technicians, technical support and Sr. CSR staff.
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the service desk.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems as they arise, and escalate as needed.
- Directs and controls service desk and end user support activities for the customer.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems
- Assists subordinate CSRs and technicians in resolving complex issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned, with focus on making recommendations to align them with customers' evolving needs.
- Reviews individual performance and provides direct feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Conducts regular coaching and feedback sessions with team members, and when necessary, prepares and delivers disciplinary actions and recommends terminations.
- Preferred qualifications – B.A. or B.S. degree with minimum 5 years of directly supporting IT service desk management and managing programs with multiple and complex IT service desks of 5,000 or more customers.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills, with focus on coaching agents to deliver a superb customer experience and rewarding and recognizing contributions to team success.
- At least 5 years of experience of service desk performance analytics and proven service desk continuous improvements.
- Experience in successfully motivating a team that drive continuous improvements acting as a liaison between the helpdesk and any escalation points.
- Strong supervisory and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, initiative, detail orientation, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178