Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician (day and night shifts)
Full time Position
Newport News, VA
Must be a US Citizen and able to pass background checks/clearable.
The shift will likely be one of the below.
11PM - 7:30AM, Sunday - Thursday
10AM - 6:30PM, Tuesday - Saturday
- Must have CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Prefer prior experience working on a technical Help Desk.
- Experience in a Windows environment (Servers, Workstations, Notebooks, etc.).
This position performs Jr. Systems Admin requirements in support of a large military training system and also functions as an intermediate level of Help Desk (Tier II) support that resolves issues related to the client equipment and connectivity with the system that are unique or require skills above those available at Tier 1. The type of incident resolved at Tier II requires techniques over and above the use of established checklists or knowledge based processes. Resolution of incidents at the Tier II level may involve reconfiguring equipment or re-routing communications nets or links.
Tier II will perform the following duties and report directly to the Help Desk Manager:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance of Tier 1 Agents.
- Provide 24x7x365 support to Digital Training Facility Managers (DTFMs) via phone and ticketing system on the following shifts:
- Day Shift
- Swing Shift
- Night Shift
- Technical Support Specialists (Tier II) will be IAT-II certified with limited Enterprise administrator privileges.
- Work closely with other Help Desks that support Client Systems.
- Provide guidance on which incidents/requests Tier I agents will resolve and which incidents will be escalated to Tier II/Tier III.
- Complete IAVM and non-IAVM plugin workstation patching.
- Review AR System Incident tickets to identify maintenance trends and problems.
- Resolve or escalate Remedy tickets assigned to the Tier II queue.
- Communicate and report effectively and efficiently in a teamwork focused environment.
- Ensure assigned Remedy tickets are updated as priority requires.
- Includes documenting all actions taken and interactions with the customer, as well as the next action to be taken.
- Complete a daily shift report to include pass-down to the next shift.
- Notify appropriate on-call personnel of any major subsystem/component outage immediately.
- This Support Desk is a 24x7x365 mission essential operation and must be manned at all times.