Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare. From our extensive facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
PIH Health Oncology Department is seeking a fulltime Board Certified/Eligible Hematologist/Medical Oncologist to join ourWhittier Team. The top responsibilities for this position are to provide compassionate evidence based care of oncology and hematology patients. The procedures include administration of chemotherapy, bone marrow biopsies & aspiration, intrathecal and chemotherapy consultations. On average you will see 15-20 outpatient visits per day (13 follow-up/2 new consults), 1-4 hospital follow-up visits. The work hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5:30pm, Friday 8:30am-1:00pmwith afternoon admintime, 1:4 call. We have a dedicated team that includes 3 Hem/Onc Physicians, Nurse Pactitioner, clinic RN's, MA's, hospital based infusion center, dedicated oncology ward, onsite radiation oncology, nurse navigators, and an excellent radiology surgery pathology breast health center.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Find out why Physicians commit to work for PIH Health:
PIH Health Physician Recruitment
Contact us for more information at 562-698-0811 Ext. 81030
Submit CVs toErica.Taylor2@pihhealth.org
- Demonstrated expertise in cancer diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding a Medical Oncologist scope of practice.
- Three (3) years direct patient care clinical experience.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in ambulatory setting.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified or board eligible
- Must be compassionate and have excellent communication skills
- Work well in team based care
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Current, unrestricted California medical license
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA approved fellowship program in Hematology/Medical Oncology