The Data Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information. This person aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Data Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
The Data Architect will focus on delivering the vision of the department through process, development and lifecycle. They will work directly with stakeholders and team members to define, design and deliver actionable insights while working with ETL developers and BI developers in an agile environment.
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the analytics and reporting ecosystem.
- Participates in the planning for retirement of systems programs, and migration of systems infrastructure.
- Develop business cases and ROI for department to get buy-in from senior management.
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI roadmap for success given project prioritization and budget.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change Excel based culture.
- Work closely with Data Management manager to ensure prioritization of corporate and departmental objectives and projects.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices
- Provide technical leadership for organization's data architecture including the database design, metadata, data integrity, data management and operational reporting tools. Ensures the strategy is in alignment with the business strategy and objectives.
- Assist Enterprise Information Technology with master data management principals and technology
- Communicates and engages proactively with directors and executives; mentors technical staff, and partners with technology vendors.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Information Technology initiatives, supporting projects as requested.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or the equivalent in a computer-related or health care relevant field is required.
- Five years experience working in a health care environment or for a health care systems vendor or a reputed consulting firm focusing on product development across multiple platforms and architectures.
- Three to Five years’ experience in data management, big data analysis, data warehousing, setting up and leading data governance groups.
- Informatica IDQ and Powercenter experience desired
- Demonstrated success managing information technology professional staff comprising of developers, DBAs, architects, data analysts, report writers and application analysts.
- Five years of experience in developing complex integrations using replication and/or ETL technologies.
- Proficient in Oracle, SQL Databases, Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledgeable in virtual application desktop platforms – CITRIX, VMware
- Experience in agile development methodology.
- Excellent organizational skills with good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of pursuing multiple concurrent tasks in an autonomous work environment.
- Strong verbal communications skills with the ability to clearly enunciate and convey information.
- Ability to clearly express information via written communication.
- Ability to convince people (that are not direct reports) to follow a certain course of action.
- Proven mentoring skills.