High Level Executive Assistant to support Executive Director
Company: Palmer Staffing
Location: Vienna, VA
Status: Full Time- Direct Hire
About us: Looking toward your future and considering your next career move? Palmer is a full-service recruiting agency, offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary positions. You are more than a “number” to us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and help match you to your dream job. Palmer represent over 500 law firms and legal departments. Learn more about our candidates experiences by visiting our Google Reviews and see how we have helped other candidates get placed. We look forward to getting to know you!
Job Description: This role combines administrative and analytical responsibilities focusing on the accurate management of external communications, complex schedules and travel and also to provide informed strategic support to the ED and Program Staff members.
- Proactively manage the ED’s schedule and other program staff as assigned scheduling and maintaining all details efficiently and effectively.
- Liaise with current and future program members– supporting the nomination, selection and placement processes.
- Co-plan and book international travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Reconciliations of corporate credit card and expenses each month.
- Manage and facilitate communications on behalf of and for the ED:
- Serve as the ED’s representative within Rhodes House and with Schmidt Futures
- Serve as an ambassador of the ED and Program Members in a warm and professional manner
- Promptly manage all communications directed to and from the ED, with urgent matters addressed as such – especially in the ED’s absence
- Supervise interactions with a mix of visitors/speakers/selectors/faculty across the nominating and host universities, within the membership community etc.
- Assist in preparing and distributing the agendas
- Ensure the prompt and organised distribution of materials in advance of each meeting, and minutes thereafter.
- Support the preparation, review and auctioning of materials for the team’s meetings.
- Support the ED in producing all necessary meeting materials, including pre-reading and follow-up
- Attend meetings, prepare and distribute Minutes as required and follow-up on matters as necessary.
- Support the program team by completing special projects as assigned by the ED
- Travel to global meeting series in the UK ~2 times per year for 1 week each and to other special events with the ED on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience of operating at a similarly high level commercially or within the charitable or education sector is preferred.
- Exceptional critical thinking, writing abilities, editing skills, and presentation skills are essential.
- Outstanding computer skills including a keenness and aptitude to use IT to enhance efficiency.
- Scrupulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable working on a global scale and with international stakeholders.
- Proven ability to excel in the face of high standards and tight deadlines.
- You will be responsible and trusted with managing ad hoc personal duties e.g. travel and dining arrangements.
- A positive, friendly personality with a flexible approach to work (hours and tasks).
- Inclination to anticipate future needs and jump in to assist on other projects if needed.
Salary: $85K + DOE
How to apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. Resumes that do not have RECENT and RELEVANT experience will not be considered.
Learn more about Palmer Staffing by visiting our Google Review’s and see how we’ve helped other candidates get placed!
Visit our website at http://www.palmerlegalstaffing.com/ and see more positions, connect with a recruiter, and find our Facebook & LinkedIn page.
Palmer Staffing would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Palmer Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.