The Section 504 Coordinator is responsible for training staff in the requirements of Section 504 of the
Americans with Disabilities Act and the preparation of compliance documents for students eligible for
Section 504 Services. The Section 504 Coordinator ensures district compliance with all state, federal,
and district 504 requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and teacher certification
- At least 3- years teaching experience
- Prefer experience in Section 504 leadership
- Experience with computer-based documentation systems is required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of Section 504 laws as well as local policies and procedures
- Knowledge of instructional materials and technology
- Knowledge of and experience implementing instructional accommodations
- Knowledge of state assessment accommodations
- Ability to interpret data
- Skilled in working with computer platforms, including but not limited to, Google apps, eSped, Word documents and spreadsheets
- Skilled in working in collaborative team-based environments
- Skilled in working with, and presenting, to diverse populations of students, parents, and others
- Exercise good judgment in decision making, especially in difficult circumstances
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, detailed-minded problem solver
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement training for school staff in the identification of students eligible for Section 504 services.
- Develop and implement training for school staff in compliant completion of Section 504 documentation.
- Ensures all Section 504 documentation and archived within 72 hours of the meeting
- Assists campus administrator(s) to ensure implementation of Section 504 Accommodations
- Maintains forms, reports, and data requested or required by the Executive Director
- Maintains thorough documentation regarding any parent disagreement/concerns
- Attends relevant professional development.
- Dependable performance, including travel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
- Need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions and compliance with legal guideline
- Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances and integrating into different school environments.
- Occasional district-wide travel
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.