- Position Type:
Center Based and Special Education Services/Resource Room - Special Education
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Advanced Technology Academy - website
Job Title : Special Education Teacher
Qualifications: Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate in Special Education, Demonstrated knowledge of best instructional practices and researchbased intervention practices delivered in a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
Reports To: Building Principal
Students Job Goal: To analyze assessment data and provide “real time” push-in and pull-out research-based interventions in the core curricular areas to Title I students that are currently below grade level based analysis of NWEA, and other assessment instruments.
1. Gather, organize, and interpret assessment data on Title I identified students.
2. Utilize best practice instructional strategies and research-based intervention curriculum materials to meet the learning needs of identified Title I students.
3. Model the use of intervention strategies, through their use in the classroom, to general and special education teachers.
4. Analyze existing student achievement data and administer student assessment and progress monitoring instruments as needed to aid in progress monitoring of Title I students.
5. Serve on the building level MTSS team and participate in weekly MTSS meetings and DIBELS data analysis meetings. Provide leadership for these meetings in collaboration with the building administrator.
6. Collaborate with classroom teachers, building administrator, and parents when designing the MTSS interventions
7. Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by Title I law and district policy
8. Attend professional development opportunities that promote improved instructional strategies and support researched-based resource material needed to implement the intervention program successfully and support/maintain professional growth.
9. Follow district guidelines and policies.
10. Maintain proper professional conduct as defined in the Certified Staff Handbook.
11. Perform other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Building Administrator.
12. Keep in confidence all personal, student or personnel records and information.