Center Based and Special Education Services/Resource Room - Special Education
Covenant House Academy
Covenant House Academy Central (District)
Reports to: Principal, Director of Special Education
General Description: Delivers teacher-led instruction and special education supports in a blended learning environment for at-risk and homeless youth with disabilities.
Primary Responsibilities (abbreviated listing):
- Evaluate and support students with Individual Education Plans
- Demonstrates effective strategies and techniques that actively engage students in the learning process.
- Uses student data to inform instruction, guides and monitors students’ management of their time, monitors learner progress with available tools and develops an intervention plan for unsuccessful learners.
- Uses computers and other technology provided to assist students.
- Differentiates instruction based on students’ learning styles and needs and assists students in assimilating information to gain understanding and knowledge.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of special education laws, policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt and adjust instruction to create multiple paths to meet learning objectives
- Knowledge of accepted and effective techniques for working with at-risk youth with diverse family dynamics
- An aptitude and working knowledge of computer courseware and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree
- State of Michigan Certification in one or more of the following areas: SA, SC, SE, SM or SV
- Satisfactory completion of criminal history check
Submit application online.