The Support You Need for the Career You Want.
New Visions for Public Schools’ goal is to radically disrupting the cycle of poverty by improving student achievement, resilience and creating and sustaining a network of high performing schools for New York City’s highest-need students.
New Visions for Public Schools believes that the best way to strengthen schools is to develop the professional capacity of teachers, principals and administrators. Our mission is to ensure all of New York City’s public school students, regardless of race or economic class, have access to a high-quality education that prepares them for the rigors of college and the challenges when entering the workforce. New Visions for Public Schools works with the NYC Department of Education to provide instructional and operational support to 69 high needs public schools throughout the five boroughs and also directly operates 10 Charter High Schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens. New Visions looks for teachers who will contribute to a healthy school climate by adhering to the goals, values, teaching practices, and organizational structures of the school they are hired in.
Advantages of Teaching at a New Visions School Include:
- Emphasis on knowledge sharing practices, frequent trainings and targeted professional development opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for grants and fellowships to support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers
- Access to leadership development programs and career opportunities from the classroom to school administration to educational reform
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
New Visions equips teachers with the data tools they need to succeed.
New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student's unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every New Visions teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues. If you have the following qualities, credentials and experience, please consider joining our team.
Successful New Visions teaching candidates will:
- Approach learning via growth mindset
- Be reflective, seek feedback, learn from those around them, and effectively apply feedback
- Make informed decisions, based on evidence and data, about their lesson planning
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge and be familiar with the Common Core State Standards
- Have a proven track record for planning lessons with clear learning objectives and a means for assessing whether those objectives have been met
- Have a proven track record for engaging students in their own learning
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Have demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners
- Be committed to serving all students and respect children from all backgrounds
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
Additionally, candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, hold valid New York State certification*, and must be cleared for employment by fingerprint-supported background checks. We are committed to diversity in our hiring and employment practices, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
*There are limited opportunities for qualified teachers who do not possess a NY State certification to work in one of our Charter High Schools.
Apply today at:
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
To see a list of our district schools, click here.
To see each of our charter schools, please click on the links below:
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science II
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities II
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science III
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities III
- New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science IV
- New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities IV
- New Visions AIM Charter High School I
- New Visions AIM Charter High School II
New Visions for Public Schools is looking for teachers certified in Grades 7 through 12 in the following subject areas:
- Art (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts)
- CTE (All Concentrations)
- Earth Science
- English Language Arts
- English as a Second/New Language
- Foreign Language (All Concentrations)
Middle / High School Teacher