Executive Sous Chef
To train, supervise and actively participate in all the food production areas of the kitchen according to hotel standards in order to create quality food products.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline, counsel, and evaluate line employees according to the hotel's policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all hotel policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assigns in detail specific duties to all team members under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen with active participation in the above.
- Listen actively & communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products & directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients & team members, make decisions and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation & service to customers.
- Audits food storeroom items and storage to maintain consistent quality products to ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness throughout kitchens including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to meet and exceed standards, and promote team member empowerment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight to marketing, cost and wage control.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, to collect accurate information, and to resolve problems.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for decorations, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to continuously perform essential job functions on a variety of shifts, for extended periods of time.
- Considerable skill in mathematical skills necessary to interpret reports and budgets.
- Ability to listen, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using applicable computer systems.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to push/pull cart/ table weighing up to 150 lbs.; grasp, lift to waist and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling, and productivity.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum of 2 year college degree preferred in culinary.
Minimum of 5 years experience preferred.
Food Handlers Certification required.
CPR certification preferred.
Zachry Hospitality offers an industry leading benefits package for our Team Members including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Hotel Discount Program
- And Many More