To ensure the hospital, patient, and physician is provided with the highest quality coding and abstracting service.
- Prefer Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- High school graduate , with education in Anatomy and Physiology, disease process, and Coding Training OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
- ExperienceExperience in several areas of coding: Inpatient, Observation, Same Day, ER, Clinics, Outpaitnet, Reoccuring, etc., preferred
- Specialized Training
- Other Skills/Competencies
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer Skills
- Computer literacy is desired.